Sunday, October 28, 2012

Two months in!



We are continuing to feel more and more comfortable in Des Moines. Nothing too new or exciting going on here, but we’re definitely adjusting and finding our routine. We’ve starting having fun with some of the new people we've met and getting involved in our church. I’m already feeling pretty familiar and comfortable with my job. Not only is it, of course, fantastic working part time, but I’ve been getting to know the kids I’m working with, which makes things a lot easier and more fun. I get to do all kinds of little games and projects with them, which I think is a blast. And these sweet kids struggle with so many things that come easy to most other kids their age, so I find myself determined to help them learn and grow and accomplish their goals. Andy’s been doing a little traveling for work lately, right now he’s in Chicago for a few days, and last week he was fortunate to be able to travel back to Wisconsin. I’m a little jealous he got to spend time with family and friends, and even meet our friends’ new little baby, but we will be back soon enough. We’ve got a week off after Thanksgiving, and I cannot wait to see everyone again!

Yesterday was a big day for us, we woke up early and ran the Susan G. Komen Race for a Cure, and then voted. We were happy to get voting done with since we weren’t sure how smooth things would go with needing re-register and all. But we’re so blessed in this country to have a right to a voice and opinion through our vote, so we would happily and eagerly do what it takes to make our vote count. And then probably most exciting for us, we finally got out couch delivered yesterday! I hope it will be a long time before I have to sit on a camping chair again! I know it’s just a couch, not THAT exciting, but when you haven’t sat on a couch in almost 2 months, trust me, it is that exciting. It’s amazing the things you take for granted, huh? We had a fun movie night and got sushi takeout spent the evening relaxing.

Oscar’s been doing great with adjusting to his new home! We have so much fun with him and he is just so funny and sweet and snuggly. He is such an easy dog to have, really does not cause any trouble other than a few minor accidents. He does much better with being left alone, still a little whining, but this has gotten much better and I think he’s realizing that we always do come back.

I’ve been feeling very blessed with this change. It has not been easy, but Andy and I have had much needed downtime together, just the two of us. Life gets crazy, and this has given us a chance to just relax and have fun together and enjoy each others company.

4 comments:

  1. So happy to see God teaching you and using you right where you are at in life! What a blessing! So happy you are happy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lacey! Appreciate your constant support and friendship!

      Delete
  2. Happy post :) SO glad you got the couch finally! Love you guys!!!!

    ReplyDelete